WD Integrates Dropbox
This is a Press Release edited by StorageNewsletter.com on Tue, July 17th, 2012
In 2go mobile app for personal storage products
WD's personal cloud products provide shared storage on the home network, letting customers centralize their documents, photos, videos and music in one place as well as automatically backup all the computers in their home. With the app customers can access and share that content from outside the home on their mobile devices.
The new version of WD 2go lets customers move, copy and share content between their mobile device, their Dropbox and their WD personal cloud - combining the benefits of personal and public cloud storage into one app.
For example, if a user has a small number of photos they want to share with their friends, they can copy them from their personal cloud into their Dropbox using the WD 2go app. But if they have a very large number of photos, or files that are too big for their Dropbox, they can use WD 2go to send a secure link to the files via email. The app is available for iPad, iPhone, iPod touch or Android compatible mobile devices.
"WD is committed to providing consumers with secure storage of digital content and access to it on any screen, on-the-go or at home," said Jim Welsh, EVP for WD's branded products and consumer electronics groups. "By combining access to Dropbox and personal cloud storage into a single intuitive mobile app, WD is empowering consumers with the flexibility and control of anytime, any-device management of their growing libraries of digital content."
WD 2go Features
- Dropbox integration: Access to Dropbox and use of all WD 2go file management features with Dropbox.
- Upload: Upload files from mobile device to WD personal cloud storage.
- Download: Download files to smartphone or tablet for offline access.
- Sharing: Share files from personal cloud storage as email links or attachments.
- File management: Copy, move, rename and delete files on personal cloud storage and in Dropbox.
- Third-party apps: Send files to and receive files from third party apps installed on your mobile device using the 'open with' function.
- Auto-discover: Automatically discover and connect to WD personal cloud storage devices on the same WiFi network as your smartphone or tablet.
News Options >
Erreur de traitement dans la base de données !
Description de l'erreur : UPDATE command denied to user 'storagencms'@'10.0.84.39' for table 'articles'.