... Amax ...
This is a Press Release edited by StorageNewsletter.com on Mon, September 10th, 2012
For StorMax NAS
The StorMax NAS series with Windows Storage Server 2012 introduces new features designed to provide performance and reliable storage for virtualization applications, and flexible, cost-effective options for shared storage.
"As part of a network-attached storage appliance, Windows Storage Server 2012 helps to reduce the storage costs associated with building modern datacenters and private clouds by enhancing traditional file serving capabilities and leveraging robust, industry standard hardware," said James Huang, product marketing manager, AMAX. "AMAX's enterprise-class NAS solutions based on Windows Storage Server 2012 are perfect for those looking to deploy highly reliable, high-performance shared storage for database needs, or for those looking to deploy a converged private cloud infrastructure with the ability to run either physical or virtual workloads."
New features of StorMax NAS
with Windows Storage Server 2012
not present in Server 2008 R2:
- Thin Provisioning - A feature that optimizes storage utilization by maximizing existing storage and reclaiming any unused space. It can identify thin provisioned LUNs and provide notifications for exceeding threshold and physical resource constraints.
- Data De-Duplication - Works at the volume level and stores more data in less physical space by using sub-file, variable-size chunking and compression to segment files into smaller chunks, and finally identifying duplicate chunks and maintaining only a single copy of each.
- ReFS - A new file system designed with modern computing requirements in mind. It has a high degree of compatibility with the most common NTFS features but has HA, resiliency and scalability features.
Delivering a similar level of performance reliability as more expensive storage solutions, the StorMax NAS series offers unified storage with support for both file (SMB and NFS) and block (iSCSI) protocols, allows for a mix of configurations and enables efficient storage utilization with thin provisioning and data de-duplication technologies. Organizations of all sizes will also benefit from higher levels of availability with transparent failover of applications and the ability to maintain clustered environments without service disruption - features typically only seen in data center deployments but valuable to customers of all sizes.
AMAX StorMax NAS models
with Windows Storage Server 2012 include:
- StorMax NS-22201r (24TB) - High IO Performance 2U 24x 2.5"
- StorMax NS-32301r (64TB) - Flexible 3U 16x 3.5"
- StorMax NS-42301r (96TB) - High Capacity 4U 24x 3.5"
- StorMax NS-42302r (144TB) - Maximum Capacity 4U 36x 3.5"
News Options >
Erreur de traitement dans la base de données !
Description de l'erreur : UPDATE command denied to user 'storagencms'@'10.0.64.20' for table 'articles'.